HORIZON 2100 – International Youth Online Contest
Actual until May 31, 2020
The non-governmental Center for Modeling Future announces the International youth online contest of scientific, practical-science and science-fiction works „HORIZON 2100“.
Young people, school children and students aged 16 to 26 years who are engaged in scientific research, scientific and practical (applied) activities and/or science fiction literary creativity in the subject area of the Competition are invited to participate.
In 2020, the Horizon-2100 International youth project joined the UN Global Discussion ( on the future of the world and the role of comprehensive cooperation in building the future. In this connection
The competition is held with three nominations
- For the best scientific, research, scientific-practical work or engineering start-up, aimed at overcoming the threats facing the world and / or building a sustainable future for humanity for the period up to 2045 (UN centenary year);
- For the best scientific article, research, scientific-practical work, reflecting the scientific vision of the future of the planet and humanity at the turn of 2100 and the prospects for the development of its various scenarios;
- For the best creative work – a science fiction story describing imaginary innovative and original ideas, fantastic events, phenomena, processes and future prospects at the turn of the year 2100, giving them a scientific explanation.
– Acceptance of scientific and creative works in the period from January 31, 2019 to March 31, 2019;
– examination of works – from April 1 to April 30, 2019.
– summing up the results of the Competition and determining the works-finalists who took prizes I, II, III places – from May 1 to May 31, 2019.
Final events and Award Ceremony.
It is planned that the winners of the competition will be given the right to participate in the final forum in Moscow in the summer of 2019, where the awards will be held.
Dates of the Competition and planned events:
– Acceptance of scientific and creative works in the period from March 20, 2020 to May 31, 2020. Keep track of dates;
– conducting thematic offline and online “Dialogues about the future” (interactive meetings – foresights, debates, sense battles, hackathons) – April-June, 2020.
– examination of works – from June 1 to June 25, 2020.
– Definition of works-finalists who took prize I, II, III places and announcement of the results of the Competition – from June 26 to June 31, 2020.
– The International forum „We shape the future together“, where the winners will be awarded – July – August – September 2020. The exact data of the Forum will be announced after the normalization of the world situation with the pandemic of the coronavirus infection COVID-19.
– Participation of the Grand Prix of the winner of the “HORIZON 2100” Competition in the events of 75 of the UN General Assembly on September 21, 2020.
More detailed information on the Contest website:
Russian version – http://www.futurible.space/?p=2031
Application for download: Анкета-Заявка (скачать)
English version – http://www.futurible.space/?p=2038
Application for download: Registration form (download)
If it is impossible to fill in the Application online or download the application from our website, the organizers can submit electronic versions of the Application and the necessary documents to e-mail addresses:
firstname.lastname@example.org English Language
email@example.com – Russian language
Anaka Satish, India (Russian, English, Hindi)
Penka Doneva, Bulgaria (Bulgarian, Russian, English)
Alisa Shafikova (Russian, English)
Organizer of the competition: Center for Modeling Future (Russia)